Information for our cleints,
In the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, The Spanish Federation of Golf has announced a number of key decisions relating to all of our courses and wider golfing activities.
- All golf clubs and courses in Spain remain closed pending instructions from national health and president Sanchez.
- All championship and performance events up until week commencing 27 July have been postponed with a revised and provisional schedule now in place (competitions only). Courses hope to be open before this.
- Spanish Golf’s AGM and national participation events scheduled for the spring have been postponed
- A majority of Caddy Masters, Green Keepers, Admin Golf staff have been placed on furlough as part of government’s job retention scheme. Remaining staff working remotely will be available to assist counties, clubs and golfers in the weeks ahead, you can contact through email firstname.lastname@example.org or via our facebook page 'galaxy green fees'
- When it is safe for golf to return, RFEG will work with clubs to promote a Play Safe, Stay Safe message.
Via England Golf we also compiled a number of answers to regular queries in relation to Coronavirus:
These remain extremely difficult and unprecedented times for the game of golf as well as the country in general. Tourism is the main source of income for all companies in our area of Spain. We really do ask that you return to this stunning coast for your future trips.
RFEG remains committed to helping our golfing community adapt to the changes in lifestyle and working practices.
The pace of change and the constant updating of government and medical advice means that a continual process of re-assessment of decisions and guidelines must be undertaken.
Galaxy Golf will continue to communicate through our website, social platforms and via direct correspondence to our affiliated counties, clubs and golfers.
Away from golf, it is vital that everyone continues to follow best practice when it comes to dealing with the current outbreak of coronavirus.
We wish you all the best health through this tough time and we really do look forward to arraning future trips for yourself, family and friends.
Green Fee Manager